Minnesota’s strongest weight class is on a roll right now. Middleweight Kenny Kost won a thriller at the Myth last weekend. Middleweight Matt Vanda is fighting for a minor title in Montreal this weekend. And perhaps most significantly, some details have finally begun to trickle out on the April 25 card featuring middleweight Andy “Kaos” Kolle at Grand Casino Hinckley.
Kolle has been forthcoming about the fact that he doesn’t know who he might fight on April 25, even admitting that until a contract is signed, he really doesn’t want to know who he might be fighting. Nevertheless, www.minnesotaboxing.com has reported that Kolle is expected to fight for a minor title, and the published (albeit incomplete) card from BoxRec seems to corroborate that, showing that the fight is scheduled for 10 rounds – the first scheduled ten-rounder of Kolle’s career.
Here’s the card that’s floating around the internet as of this afternoon:
- Andy Kolle (16-1 with 12 kayos) -vs- TBA, 10 rounds, middleweights
- Phil Williams (7-0 with 7 kayos) -vs- Reggie “Concrete” LaCrete (4-0 with 3 kayos), 6 rounds, light heavyweights
- Tim Taggart (2-0 with 1 kayo) -vs- Alton Bear (0-1), 4 rounds, super middleweights
- Gary Eyer (3-0 with 2 kayos) -vs- TBA, 4 rounds, welterweights
- RJ Laase (2-0 with 1 kayo) -vs- TBA, 4 rounds, welterweights
- Paul Fernandez (2-1 with 2 kayos) -vs- Tim Carrizales (4-7 with 3 kayos), 4 rounds, featherweights