Young Antwan Robertson beat Brandon Quintana by majority decision last night at Prairie Meadows Track and Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
This decision in the Super Flyweight division brings Robertson’s professional record to 3-0 (2 kayos). His boxrec.com rating remains unchanged at 213th in the world in his division, however that can be expected to change after Saturday night, when the bulk of this weekend’s fight results have been reported.
It was reported by minnesotaboxing.com that Robertson, a 21 year old native of Minnesota, said that he used his speed and combinations to overcome Quintana’s size advantage. The fighters’ weights were not reported either by boxrec or by minnesotaboxing.com.
In other fights on the same card:
- Heavyweight Innocent Otukwu, a Nigerian living in Minneapolis, beat Dione Craig of Cincinnati by majority decision to improve his record to 14-11.
- Super Middleweight Robert Kleiwer of Maplewood lost to Jesse Davis of Savannah, Tennessee by majority decision, breaking his brief two fight winning streak and evening his record at 4-4.
- Young heavyweight prospects Dwight Jarmon and Detroy Jones suffered the indignity of a four round draw, marring the previously perfect records of both. Jarmon is now 1-0-1 and Jones is 2-0-1.
- Undefeated Ronald Hearns (17-0, 13 kayos) defeated James Buggs by UD
- Chuck Dillard TKO’d Bernard Brown
- Caitlin Dance smeared the lipstick of Clara De La Torre to gain a majority decision.